Crafting is strangely a bit of an addiction for me. I guess that as addictions go it is not an especially bad one. But it's not as benign as it sounds either. The compulsion to go to AC Moore or Michaels, 50% coupon or not, can be costly. The hours spent scrolling through Pinterest. The amount of space all those supplies take up. No, it's not as innocent as you may think . In fact, any addiction seldom is without its cost.
Today after taking Phillip to Safety Swim for his 2 hour shift I came home and showered and then headed to my local Home Depot. My brand of craft obsession doesn't stop at indoor dust collectors. I like to go big as well with power drills and construction type materials. For about a year I was in my glory going to their monthly DoItHerself clinics where I made all sorts of fun projects I would never try at home. But as I spread the word and more people attended, they decided to end the program which was a hard blow.
They continued their monthly kids club clinic however but unfortunately my kids are all grown.
What to do, what to do.
I could borrow my goddaughter but at 10 that could be a gamble. I could make up a story about having a sick kid at home but I am not good at fibbing and they would never believe me. Or I could just ask if I could make the draft too. Yes, honestly truly is the best policy in my book.
When I got there I recognized the girl from Home Depot who was running it was from the DIH workshops. So I just said hello, made some small talk (which I HATE doing) and asked if I could make a kit. It was pretty busy and the work table was pretty full of little ones banging and painting away but she readily gave me a plastic bag with all the makings of my very own gingerbread box and said I could make it there or take it home. I happily accepted the "gift" and off I went. And you must know that I had the very biggest holiday grin the whole ride home.


No comments:
Post a Comment