DECEMBER DAILY - DAY 5
I have worked for my company for 8 years but have only been in our current location about a year. When we moved in last Oct (2015), it was to bring two locations together. And while I miss the casual dynamic we had going on at the Farmingdale location, there are some nice things to be said about having the company all together in one location.
There are some really nice people who work here. Some really sweet and nice people. And when other aspects of the job get me frustrated and angry, I try to look closely for something positive to focus on. I have become a bit of a pollyanna to some but ts a way for me to cope.
One of the adorable things I have seen this year is that people are decorating their cubicles with little Christmas trees. Everyone has a different style but all are very adorable and give a merry feeling to the place.
Last year we were all a bit afraid to do much decorating. The message we got from corporate was this was a professional environment and we should personalize it too much. To discourage people from having too many personal photographs they even gave out small digital frames to help us keep the desktops in the open environment from looking cluttered., (This failed miserably with me but at least I am tucked away in a corner where people cant easily see my desktop.)
But I like the trees. They are all so cute and festive. And I like how the lunch room has been decorated with a full size tree and stockings hung for each employee. I don't take for granted that not every company has people willing to decorate and celebrate the season together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment