DECEMBER DAILY - DAY 1
Oh yes, its here. The home stretch of the year - December. A season with so many expectations. This year I want to pay attention every day and see its "specialness". I want to appreciate the beauty - big and small. I want to explore what it means to me as a 55 year old woman with a mostly empty nest.
I keep busy for sure on a daily base. And when there's down time I am completely happy to turn it all off. The challenge for me I think will be to slow down in the busy times and savor them. And to not completely turn off in the down times. I'd like to really experience my life at a speed that allows be to be aware and appreciate.
So that's my prelude to the month. I set this intention for the month with an open mind, willing to see more than what I have seen before.
"What I didn't know then is that surrender is always the beginning of a better dream."
I want to surrender my mental ties to the past and see what happens. I am so fond of routine and traditions but maybe its time to open my heart to some new, and some different. All in the interest of finding joy. Quiet moments that tickle my fancy and make me chuckle as well as big moments of laugh out loud fun. Merriment.
I think I can do this.

No comments:
Post a Comment